Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Another tough question

Something is definately brewing in Sebastian. He now knows that he has 'fanconi', and struggles for the time being with the fact that he will always have this disease.

Some days ago we went to see Sebastians psychologist. We have started up sessions with Pernille, whom Sebastian really loves to play with. And they play a lot of role-plays. Not that I know exactly what they are all about, because I am pushed out - literally - of the door by Sebastian, who wants Pernille on his own.

This time it was the same. I asked him afterwards what they had played, and he told me something about some cats, that are also ill. Not with fanconi, but with 'fancini'. And then he asks me: "Mom, will I always have fanconi, also when I grow up and become an adult?" "Yes, you will always have fanconi, also as an adult", I answered. "Mom, will I have fanconi when I become dead?" ('become dead' is Sebastians expression). "No, when you die, you will no longer have fanconi" I told him. "Well, mom. I do not want to die" was his final comment on this little investigation. I take it as a 'healthy' sign, that Sebastian is able to ask questions about it all. Also the really tough ones.

No comments: